Wednesday, November 4, 2015

From Mt Vernon to Smelterville 11.04.15

Hello everyone! I have been a bit busy the last few days. Yesterday was my daughters birthday, she turned 9. In some ways I still can't believe I have children much less how big they're getting. It's kind of amazing. Before I got home though I took a load to Idaho and then picked up potatoes on the way back. There's a railroad track that ends right behind where I swapped trailers. I always enjoy seeing nature take back a portion of what we created. It seems like no matter how grand our creations, without constant maintenance, nature reclaims what is hers. Maybe a thousand years from now someone will consider this an archaeological site and wonder what the purpose of it was. It's kind of cool to think about. 
End of the Track in Warden.
Of course winter is on its way and that means different things in different places. Trees are changing colors and losing there leaves. In Idaho it's cold and dry right now while in Mt Vernon there's fog that's engulfing everything.
Smelterville Idaho
I love the Tamaracks, they add little bursts of color to the northern mountains. I can never tell the difference between them and other pine trees until they start changing color. To me it's like they're saying "Ha! Fooled ya, I'm deciduous." it makes me smile.
Tamarack
Up in Mt Vernon it was pretty foggy, although it's hard to tell from the pictures. Everything up there is pretty wet right now.
South of Mt Vernon

On 405 we experienced classic Washington rain. It rains really hard, so much that the windshield wipers can't keep up then stops so they squeak across the glass. Just when you're ready to turn them off the rain pours down again.
405  South
Between the rain and rush hour traffic was pretty slow.
Traffic was stop and go
I can't complain though. I got great miles the last few days and have yet to hit any snow even though some of my friends have. Later tonight I will tell you all about Sky's birthday, but for now I'm signing off. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment